We cordially invite you to contribute your expertise and insights to the 15th Annual Rutgers Online Learning Conference. This distinguished event serves as a pivotal platform for university instructors, administrators, deans, and students to engage in meaningful discussions and knowledge-sharing surrounding the dynamic landscape of online education. As we unite to explore the latest advancements in digital pedagogy, we encourage you to submit your innovative proposals that center on best practices for online instruction and program management. Your valuable contributions will play a vital role in shaping the future of virtual learning and ensuring its excellence. Join us in this collaborative endeavor to propel the frontiers of online education forward.
Proposal are due October 30th, 2023
2024 Topic Threads
- AI and Emerging Tech
- Lifelong Learning & Micro-credentialing
- Teaching and Learning
- DEI and Accessibility
- Online Program Management and Administration
Elements of a Successful Proposal
Clear Title and Abstract: Craft a concise and compelling title that encapsulates the core theme of your presentation. Your abstract should succinctly outline the content and objectives of your session.
Relevance and Significance: Clearly state the relevance of your proposal to the conference's focus on best practices for online instruction and program management. Highlight the significance of your topic in addressing current challenges or advancing the field.
Learning Objectives: Enumerate specific learning outcomes that attendees can expect from your presentation. What valuable skills, insights, or knowledge will participants gain?
Target Audience: Define the primary audience your session is intended for, whether it's faculty, administrators, deans, students, or a combination. Explain how your content will address their needs and interests.
Innovative Content: Describe the innovative aspects of your presentation. How does your approach differ from existing practices? How will your insights contribute to the advancement of online learning?
Methodology or Approach: Outline the methodology, strategies, or tools you will present to achieve the learning objectives. Whether it's case studies, research findings, practical demonstrations, or interactive exercises, be clear about how you plan to engage the audience.
Engagement Techniques: Explain how you will keep the audience engaged during your presentation. Interactive elements, discussions, polls, or Q&A sessions can enhance the learning experience.
Evidence and Support: Back your proposal with evidence, whether it's research data, real-world examples, success stories, or best practice models. Demonstrating the validity and effectiveness of your ideas will enhance your proposal's credibility.
Practical Application: Emphasize the practical application of your insights. How can attendees apply what they learn in their own online instruction or program management roles?
Takeaways: Summarize the key takeaways attendees can expect from your session. What actionable steps or resources will you provide to help them implement your ideas?
- Proposals will be selected to ensure the program offers diverse content and are in alignment with the topic threads.
- There will be approximately 30-40 concurrent session slots that will be filled. Each slot is 50 minutes in length. Presentations not selected for a concurrent session may be offered on-demand option. On-demand presentations are prerecorded and made available for viewing anytime during the conference.
- Digital copies of presentation materials will be collected from presenters in advance of the conference for dissemination via the event platform and/or the Conference YouTube channel.
- August 22nd, 2023 - Request for Proposals announced
- October 30th, 2023 - Proposals due
- December 2023 - Selected proposals notified
- January 2024 - Schedule finalized
- February 2024 - Presenter training
- March 11th, 2024 - Conference Opens
If you need any further guidance on the process or the conference, please complete the Contact Us form and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.